Your new dentures are made with high quality acrylic and need to be maintained regularly. In time, your dentures will lose the smooth and shiny finish due to scrubbing them with a denture brush or by the very nature of the food we eat. Once this smooth surface is gone, stains and plaque and will be harder to remove. You should return to your denturist to have your dentures polished approximately every six months.
The important steps to maintaining your dentures:
- Daily cleaning with a soft brush
- Use a denture cleaner like Nudent
- Have your dentures checked annually
- Reline your dentures every 2-3 years
- Replace your dentures every 5-6 year depending on the amount of wear on the teeth and the shrinkage of your gums.