How to Tell If You Need Dentures from Our Calgary Denturist
North Hill Denture Clinic Wants to Help Restore Missing Teeth
Serving the Calgary area for over 20 years, North Hill Denture Clinic has become a bit of a local authority on the subject of how to tell if you need dentures. While the common misconception is that dentures are only for seniors, the reality is people may lose their teeth much sooner than expected. Traumatic injuries, tooth decay or gum disease, and many chronic illnesses are the likely suspects if you have missing teeth. If you are missing teeth and suspect it may be time for dentures, we’re here to let you know what the process is like to help alleviate your concerns. Please contact us if you’d like to schedule a free initial consultation with our experienced denturist.
What Are Dentures, And How Will I Know If I Need Them?
Anticipating your questions about dentures is one of our many specialties. First, dentures are artificially fabricated replacements for missing teeth that come in many varieties. There’s no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” denture. You may only need partial dentures to replace a handful of missing teeth, or you may need full dentures to replace both your upper and lower sets of teeth. In some instances, we may even recommend implant-supported dentures as your best restorative option. If you’ve experienced significant tooth loss affecting your smile, bite, ability to chew or speak, or the integrity of your facial structure, you probably need dentures. Other symptoms you may need dentures soon include:
- Frequent Toothaches – Nobody should have to live with pain. Toothaches signify many oral health issues, ranging from cavities to eventual tooth or bone loss. Always consult your dentist if you feel pain in your gums or teeth. Getting dentures can help alleviate pains caused by the pressure of shifting teeth to fill gaps in your smile when you have missing teeth.
- Inflamed Gums/Tooth Decay – Having red, bleeding, swollen, or tender gums could indicate you have advanced gum disease. Left untreated, this often results in tooth loss. Cavities left unchecked ultimately result in tooth decay and tooth loss as well.
- Chronic Indigestion – You may not initially think your teeth are to blame on your indigestion. However, when you can’t chew properly, you may end up compensating for it by swallowing bigger bites that are much harder on your body to process. You may also find yourself avoiding certain foods that are difficult to chew, which can impact your ability to eat a balanced diet.
- Missing Teeth – Do you already have several missing teeth? While you may think you can manage just fine without them, it could be causing more wear-and-tear on your other teeth. Replacing your missing teeth now rather than later can end up saving you time and money, not to mention save some of your other natural teeth.
- Lower Self-Esteem – Many adults who need dentures are self-conscious about their smile. Don’t hold yourself back from job promotions and living your best life. Talk to our denturist today!
What to Expect from Your New Dentures from North Hill
Are you convinced it’s time for you to get dentures in the Calgary, AB area? North Hill Denture Clinic welcomes the opportunity to provide a free consultation so you can learn what to expect from your new dentures. Dentures are custom-made for every patient for the proper fit and alignment so that they feel comfortable and appear natural whenever you smile, chew, or speak. Getting fitted for dentures doesn’t have to feel scary or overwhelming. We’re here for you every step of the process from your initial consultation to your impression and measuring appointments, the adjustment period after you begin wearing your new dentures, and even throughout any future denture relines and repairs. Learn more about the procedure to create new dentures at North Hill Denture Clinic to put your mind at ease.
Talk to Our Calgary Denturist During Your Free Consultation
If you need dentures in Calgary, AB, North Hill Denture Clinic would love to talk to you. It’s never too early or too late to get fitted for dentures. We have options to suit all budgets and offer direct billing for insurance companies. We’d also be happy to explain how you can take care of your new dentures, so they fit comfortably for many years to come. Our wheelchair-accessible clinic can be found on 14th Avenue NW and is open Monday through Friday for your convenience. Call us today!
Why Choose Us?
- Wheelchair Accessible Clinic
- Options for All Budget Levels
- Free Consultations Available
- Located On Main Transit Line
- Direct Billing for Insurance Companies